The first 20 notes are consanguineal, meaning that the members of the pair have one or more common ancestors. The links take you to each individual's place in the family.
1. James Herman Holland, son of Willie Holland and Roxie Lamm in Warren's branch, married Lizzy Brown, daughter of Hillard Brown and Bethany Mamie Holland, in Absalom's branch. James Herman Holland's grandfather (Joseph Holland) was Lizzy Brown's grandfather's (Richard W. Holland) first cousin once removed. James Herman Holland's great-great grandfather (Warren) and Lizzie Brown's great-grandfather (Absalom Holland) were bothers, making James Herman Lizzie Brown's third cousin once removed. Additionally, James Herman Holland's great-grandparents (Uriah Holland and Patience Katherine Holland) were 1st cousins: their fathers, Warren Holland and Woodard D. Holland were brothers. The common ancestor to all was Elisha Holland.
2. Buck Ward, son of Donnie Ward and Patsey Holland, in Warren's branch, and his wife Zilpha Langley, daughter of Frank Langley and Nancy Holland in Absalom's branch, were second cousins. Buck Ward's mother Patsey Holland, and Zilpha Langley's mother Nancy Holland were first cousins. Patsey Holland's father Warren Holland, and Nancy Holland's father Absalom Holland were half brothers, both sons of Elisha Holland.
3. James Henry Burton Holland, son of Burdin Holland, C. S. A. and Mary Susan Bass, married his first cousin Lille Bell Bass. Their common ancestor was Simon Bass, father of Andrew Bass and grandfather of Lillie Bell Bass. Simon Bass was also James Henry Burton Holland's grandfather on his mother (Mary Susan Bass)'s side.
4. Murray Manning Holland married Bettie Ellen Edgerton, his 2nd cousin. Murray Manning Holland's father (Richard W. Holland) and Bettie Ellen Edgerton's mother (Elizabeth Bettie Holland) were 1st cousins. Murray Manning Holland's grandfather (Absalom) and his wife Bettie Ellen Edgerton's grandfather (Woodard D. Holland) were brothers. Elisha Holland was the common ancestor.
5. Ernestine Barnes, born 1932, daughter of Lela Belle Holland and Levi Barnes, married Jimmy Lafayette Cuddington, born 1928, son of Zachary Videll Cuddington and Martha Louise Balance. They were 3rd cousins, their common ancestor was Absalom Holland. Ernestine Barnes comes from Absalom Holland through Simon Holland, James Monroe G. Holland, and Lela Belle Holland. Jimmy Cuddington comes from Absalom through Richard Holland, Etta Holland, and Zachary Videll Cuddington.
6. Patience Katherine Holland, born 1837, daughter of Woodard Holland and his wife Celia, married Uriah Holland, the first son of her father's brother Warren Holland and Winifred Skipper. Patience and Uriah were first cousins. Their common ancestor was Elisha Holland, grandfather of each of them.
7. Grant Holland, born 1875, son of Exum Longwood Holland and his wife Sarah Sasser, married Henrietta Holland, daughter of Jinet Caswell Holland and his wife Marie Worley. Grant Holland's grandfather (Woodard D. Holland) and Henrietta Holland's grandfather (Exum Holland) were brothers. The common ancestor of them all was Elisha Holland.
8. Joyce Rainwater, daughter of Verdie Aycock and Brice Waymon Rainwater, married William Edward Tomberlin, born 1 December 1927 in Appling County, Georgia, son of Charlie Bruce Tomberlin and Mary Lizzie Morgan. Joyce Rainwater and William Edward Tomberlin were second cousins. Their common ancestors are William Chester Aycock and his wife Addie Cornelia Holland. William Chester Aycock and Addie Cornelia Holland are great-grandparents to both Joyce Rainwater and William Edward Tomberlin.
William Edward Tomberlin descends from Addie Cornelia Holland and William Chester Aycock's daughter Minnie
Aycock, sister of Richard Nathan Aycock. She married Judge Mershon
Tomberlin, and their son Charlie B. Tomberlin is Verdie Aycock's first
cousin, and William Edward Tomberlin's father.
Joyce Rainwater descends from Addie Cornelia Holland and William Chester Aycock's son Richard Nathan Aycock, brother of Minnie Aycock. His daughter Verdie Aycock is Charlie B. Tomberlin's first cousin. She married Brice Rainwater; they are Joyce Rainwater's parents.
9. Amanda Holland, daughter of Jinnett Holland married Rural Anderson Holland, son of Woodard D. Holland. Jinnett Holland and Woodard D. Holland were brothers, making Amanda and Rural Anderson Holland first cousins. Their common ancestor was Elisha Holland.
10. Louisa Jane Holland, daughter of Exum Holland and Penny Boswell, married Edward Sion Smith, son of Unicey Selah (called Nicey) Holland and David Oliver Smith in Woodard's branch. Her father Exum and his grandfather Woodard D. were brothers. The common ancestor was Elisha Holland.
11. Elizabeth F. Holland, daughter of Bright Holland and Louisa (Eliza) Applewhite, married her first cousin once removed, Wiley N. Holland. He was Eli Holland and Elizabeth Hood's son. It was a second marriage for each of them.
12. Benjamin Holland (son of Wiley N. Holland and Diadema or Piadama Wood) married Mary J. Fields (daughter of Elizabeth Holland). They were first cousins. Wiley N. Holland and Elizabeth Holland were brother and sister, children of Eli Holland and Edith Hood.
13 Stephen Burton Waddell (son of Dorothy Bass and James Frank Waddell) married his second cousin, Lorie Ann Faucette (daughter of Gail Marie Bass and Donnie Faucette). Stephen Austin Bass is great-grandfather to both of them. Dorothy Mae Bass, grandmother of Stephen Burton Waddell, is a sister of Lorie Ann Faucette's grandfather, Wilbert William Bass.
14. James William Holland married his fourth cousin, Judith Ann Pope. Their common ancestors are Elisha Holland and Patience Peacock, 3rd-great-grandparents of both James and Judy, and Patience Watkins, 3rd great-grandmother of James. James' parents were related when they married. When he married Judy, who was also a cousin, he added more relationships to the union.
Judith Pope descends from Elisha Holland and Patience Peacock through their son Green Holland, Green's daughter Sally, and Sally's daughter Ellen Dixon, who is Judy's father's mother. James William Holland descends from Elisha Holland and Patience Peacock through their son Warren, his son Uriah (who married his first cousin, Patience Katherine Holland), his son Joseph, his son Willie, who is James' father's father. James William Holland also descends from Elisha Holland and his first wife Patience Watkins through their son Woodard D. Holland, his daughter Patience Katherine Holland, who married Warren Holland's son Uriah Holland.
15 Betty Faye Holland, born 10 January 1934, is daughter of Albert Marion Holland and Cassie Lee Sullivan. She married Selby Dixon Raper, born 2 October 1930, the son of Octavia Dixon and Herman Raper. Octavia Dixon is daughter of Sally Holland, who is a daughter of Green Holland, son of Elisha Holland and Patience Peacock. Albert Marion Holland is the son of Willis Marion Holland, who is son of Uriah Holland and Patience Katherine Holland. Uriah Holland's father, Warren, is a son of Elisha Holland and Patience Watkins. Patience Katherine Holland's father is Woodard D. Holland, also a son of Elisha Holland and Patience Watkins. Betty Faye Holland and Selby Dixon Raper are third cousins, once removed.
16. Harold Hinnant, born 17 December 1930, married Janyce Bass, born 1 December 1931. Janyce Bass is the daughter of Lillian Dixon and Sylvester Bass. Lillian Dixon was daughter of Sally Holland, who was daughter of Green H. Holland, son of Elisha Holland and Patience Peacock. Harold Hinnant was son of Senia Mae Scott, daughter of Emma Holland and Robert Lee Scott. Emma Holland is granddaughter of Woodard D. Holland, son of Elisha Holland and Patience Watkins. Harold Hinnant and Janyce Bass are third cousins, once removed.
17. Marvin Ray Howell, born 7 November 1931, married Nellie Juanita Howell, born 25 January 1931. They are both great-grandchildren of Burdin Holland, CSA, and Missouri Pate. Nellie's father Thomas Howell is the son of Ina Pernetta Holland and Major Howell. Marvin Howell's mother Rose Chase is a daughter of Evaline Holland. Evaline Holland and Ina Pernetta Holland were sisters, making Thomas Howell and Rosa Chase first cousins, and their children Nellie Juanita Howell and Marvin Ray Howell 2nd cousins.
18. Herman Delton Chase, born 22 March 1933, married Ruth Christine Howell, born 8 April 1933. They are both great-grandchildren of Burdin Holland, CSA, and Missouri Pate. Ruth's father Thomas Howell is the son of Ina Pernetta Holland and Major Howell. Delton Chase's father, William Herman Chase, is a son of Evaline Holland. Evaline Holland and Ina Pernetta Holland were sisters, making Thomas Howell and William Chase first cousins, and their children Ruth Howell and Delton Chase 2nd cousins.
19. Brenda Gail Edwards, born 31 January 1950, in Wayne County, North Carolina, married Henry Anderson Holland on 11 October 1970. They are both great-great-grandchildren of Absalom Holland. Brenda Edwards' mother is Hilda Virginia Holland, daughter of Lindsey Relmon Holland, who is son of Burdin Holland. Henry Anderson Holland's father is Cecil Holland, son of Rufus Henry Holland, who is son of Simon J. Holland. Simon J. Holland and Burdin Holland, brothers, are sons of Absalom Holland. Rufus Henry Holland and Lindsey Relmon Holland are 1st cousins, Cecil Holland and Hilda Virginia Holland are 2nd cousins, making Henry Anderson Holland and Brenda Edwards 3rd cousins.
20. Henry Harrison Holland, born est. 1866 in Mitchell County, Georgia, married Louisa Tyson, daughter of Elizabeth F. Holland and her first husband Aaron Tison. They were married on 26 June 1888, in Colquitt County, Georgia. Louisa and Henry were second cousins, once removed. Elizabeth's mother, Elizabeth F. Holland, was the daughter of Bright Holland, who was Enos Holland's son. Henry Harrison Holland was the son of John Thomas Holland, who was Eli Holland's son. Enos and Eli were brothers, Bight and John Thomas were 1st cousins, Elizabeth F. Holland and Henry Harrison Holland were second cousins, and Louisa, being Elizabeth's daughter was also Henry's second cousin, once removed. Louisa Tison and Henry Holland had eight children, all born in Colquitt County, Georgia.
21. The following note is from Harold Holland
of Houston, Texas, about his grandparents.
Diana, I wish to tell you another fact relating to my family. My mother Elizabeth Harriett Holland was the daughter of W. R. or William Robert Holland. William had changed his name from W. R. or William R. Hampton prior to marrying my grandmother Molly. He left my grandmother in 1911 in Atlanta, Georgia, and went to work at the Cochran Furniture store there and wnd [sic] changed his name back to Hampton, he worked there until around 1945 at which time he died. At the time of his death he was married to a Mary Biles. During the marriage to my grandmother Molly, they had children Edgar Edwin Holland, Bernice Grice Holland, and my mother, so do not get confused should you come across her name as a Holland.
1. Nellie Russell
2. General Services Administration, National Archives and Records Service, Washington, D. C.
3. History of Jackson County, Alabama, by John Robert Kennamer, Decatur, AL, 1935, condensed by Josephine Lindsay Bass on July 26, 1996, and put online by The Reynolds Family Circle at http://www.reynoldsrecords.com/alabama/jackson_history.html.
4. Deeds, Wayne Co., NC Deed Book
5. Johnston County NC Taxables, 1784-1820, by Weynette P. Haun.
6. Our Heritage Vol. 2: Holland Genealogy, Mary Ketus Deen Holland, 1966.
7. The Hollands From Virginia to North Carolina, Irma Ragan Holland, self-published, no date (est. 1965).
8. Johnston County Marriage Register 1881 - 1900.
9. Kinfolks of Wayne County, North Carolina 1793-1832, Joseph W. Watson, Reprint Co., June 1986, p. 195.
10. Marriages of Johnston County, NC, 1762-1868, compiled by Brent H. Holcomb, Genealogy Publishing Co., Inc., 1985.
11. Wayne County Marriage Register 1928 - 1952 at the North Carolina Archives in Raleigh, NC. Call # C. 103.63004. License # 10 issued June 4, 1947. Rondal Holland, age 23 of Goldsboro, NC to Helen Hare, age 18 of Goldsboro, NC. Married June 5, 1947 in Goldsboro by Steadman C. Davis, M. G. Witnesses D. C. Wise, Charles Medlin, Lucy W. Fritz. Information furnished by Karen Waller (email@example.com), 4321 South Mountain Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603, 919-662-9140, 24 April 1998.
12. The information about the Hare family was furnished by Karen Waller (firstname.lastname@example.org),
13. The information about Claudie C. Warrick was furnished by Cathy Blow (email@example.com) of Wayne County, NC, 22 January 1998.
14. The information about the James Algram Peele family was furnished by Horace Peele (firstname.lastname@example.org), 12806 Chateau Forest, San Antonio, TX 78230, Oct 1997-January 1998.
15. The information about Athalene Overman was furnished by Cathy Blow (email@example.com) of Wayne County, NC, 22 January 1998.
16. The information about Bessie Overman's family was furnished by Cathy Blow (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Wayne County, NC, 22 January 1998.
17 The information about Hazel Ernestine Overman was furnished by Cathy Blow (email@example.com) of Wayne County, NC, 22 January 1998.
18. The information about the Coley family and the Edsel Holland family was furnished by great-great-grandson of Absalom Holland, Edsel Manning Holland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 104 Devon Drive, Mauldin, SC 29662, 864-288-0671, in April 1997-February 1998.
19. The information on Francis Marion Holland and his descendents was furnished by David T. Holland (DuckHoll@aol.com) of Philadelphia, PA, 30 July 1997. http://members.aol.com/duckster20/babygirl/stephanie.html
20. The information on Absalom Bryant and Appie Holland and on their daughter Martha Jane Holland and her descendents was furnished by Martha Jane's grandson L. Kenneth Lee (email@example.com), P. O. Box 704, Soap Lake, WA 98851, October 1997 to 2006.
21. Some of the information on Lillian Farabee Holland and her descendents was furnished by her grandson Andy Jones, 1501 George Bason Road, Graham, NC 27253, 910-578-1186, 21 November 1997.
22. The information on Eli C. Holland and George Ellis Holland and his descendents was furnished by John Eldridge ("Skip") Coggin II (DOCUSMC2@aol.com) in February 1998. http://members.aol.com/docusmc2/home.html
23. The information on the descendents of Sarah Jane 'Sack' Holland and James Pittman was furnished by her great-granddaughter Carol Pridgen Martoccia, formerly of 903 East Fifth Street, Greenville, NC 27858. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/6297/
24. The information on the last 2 children of Mary Joyce Sugg and William Robert Pierce was provided by Paul T. Mull, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org) from a conversation with the Pierces in Fremont, NC, 13 June 1998.
25. The information on David Oliver Smith, Jr. and Arabella Sasser and their children was furnished by Martha Hill of Wayne County, NC in February 1998.
26. The information on the marriage of Selah Nicey Smith was provided by Joan Lawrence Howell (email@example.com) of Lucama, NC, February 1998.
27. The majority of the information on the children of Woodard D. and Celia Holland was provided by their great-great-great-grandson Darren Niven (firstname.lastname@example.org) 154 Rommel Avenue, Garden City, GA 31408-1752, March - June 1998 and 2001.
28.The information on Bryant H. Holland and his descendents was provided by his great-grandson, Grover B. Proctor, Jr. (email@example.com), 12 Dennis Court, Midland, MI 48640, 517-636-7219, in March 1998. http://www.concentric.net/~gproctor
29. Some of the information on Enos J. Holland was provided by Joan Lawrence Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Lucama, NC, February 1998.
30. The information on Clayton Holland and his descendents was provided by Maria Dillon (email@example.com) in October 1998.
31. The information on Minnie Aycock, daughter of Addie Cornelia Holland and William Chester Aycock was provided by Daniel Tomberlin (firstname.lastname@example.org), 640 Hall Road, Thomasville, GA 31757, 912-226-7212, in November 1998. Additional information about this family may be found at his web page located at http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/t/o/m/Daniel-D-Tomberlin/
32. The information on Bertie Holland and her descendents was provided by her granddaughter, Susan Diane Barnes Smith in February 1999.
33. The information on Burdin Holland's line was researched and provided by Vickie Lynn Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC January 1999-May 2005.
34. The information on Eli Holland's children 2 - 5 and on Alvin Holland's descendents was provided by Jim Allen via email 7 May 1999.
35. Some of the information on Jesse and Elizabeth Holland in Alabama is from Keitha Renee' Jenkins Kirk (email@example.com) 21 June 1999. She has her Holland/Maddox line, Families Are Forever, online at http://members.aol.com/kkirk6/genealogy.html.
36. Nathan Jeffery Camp (Mulecreek1@aol.com), Munford, Alabama via email April and May 1999.
37. Andy Culbreth (firstname.lastname@example.org) provided additional information on the Willis Marion Holland/Bertie Holland family 21 June 1999 via email.
38. Beverly Capps Williamson (email@example.com), 55 Oakwood Road, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250-2958, phone: (904) 241-4125, provided information on James Pittman and Fletcher Pittman via email 10 August 1999, and on Rhoda Johnson's family via her genealogy online at http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/w/i/l/Beverly--C-Williamson/GENE4-0001.html.
39. The Forsyth County Genealogical Society Journal, Volume XII No. 2, Winter, 1994.
40. Batch no. M516021 Latter Day Saints.
41. Alton Parnell (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Pikeville, NC, provided the information about the Nathan Ballenberger family.
42. The information on Kate Holland and Stephen Bagley was provided by Warren T. Bagley (email@example.com). Warren maintains the Johnston County NCGenWeb page.
43. The information on Guion Earp is from Ronney Earp (CatherineEarp@email.msn.com) via email 6 March 2000.
44. The information on Mark Newsome and additional information on Alice Faye Holland's family is from Regina Laurette Hargrove Newsome (firstname.lastname@example.org via email 2 October 2000.
45. The information on Avery Ann Earp is from Sharon Bradshaw (email@example.com) 7/02/2000.
46. The information on the James Franklin Holland family was provided by daughters Nancy Holland Slagle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Carolyn Alice Holland Kimball in January and February 2001.
47. The information on E. J. "Bettie" Holland's descendants was provided by her great-granddaughter Nancy Elizabeth Renfrow (email@example.com) in January-March 2001.
48. The information on Peggy Ann Holland's family was provided by her daughter Ginger Owens Gibson Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org) in February and March 2001.
49. Contributions to the information on Patrick Dowd Holland's family were made by Douglas Thompson (GThom1951@aol.com) of Hope Mills, North Carolina in April 2001.
50. The Hollands From Virginia to North Carolina by Irma Ragan Holland was the source for some of the information on the Robert Lee Scott family, Enos J. Holland family, and Jinsey Holland's family.
51. The information on Claude Franklin Holland's family was provided by his grandson Dale Holland of Charlotte, North Carolina.
52. The information on James Francis Holland's family was provided by his granddaughter Arlene Holland Lifsey (alifsey@InfoAve.Net) of Lancaster, South Carolina.
53. The information on Perry Holland's line was researched and provided by the late Faye Keen of Turkey, NC April 2001.
54. The Amanda Holland-Waddell connection was provided by Woodard Holland researcher Darren Niven (NIVENONE@aol.com), 154 Rommel Avenue, Garden City, GA 31408-1752, May 2001.
55. Mark Holland Mull (email@example.com) of Beulaville, NC provided the information on his family 11 June 2001.
56. April Holland Stone (ASTONE_1@email.msn.com) provided the information on the James Franklin Holland family in June 2001.
57. The information on George Edwin Holland's family was provided by Nancy Holland Slagle (firstname.lastname@example.org) in June 2001.
58. The information on the John Talmadge Holland family was provided by John Talmadge Holland (John4465@charter.net) via email in July 2001.
59. The information on the James Monroe G. Holland family of Absalom's line was provided by Yvonne Holland Mitchell and her son Dwight Mitchell (email@example.com), grandson of J. Lenly Holland and Estelle Cockrell, by email in August 2001.
60. The information on Hannah Ballenberger's family was provided by Chris and John Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Sanford, North Carolina, by email and gedcom in April 2001. Chris is Hannah Ballenberger's granddaughter.
61. The information on Ophelia Holland's family was provided by Nancy Holland Slagle (email@example.com) in November 2001.
62. The information on Zilpha Holland and her husband David Peacock was provided by George R. Peacock (firstname.lastname@example.org), a descendent of David Peacock, by email 11 December 2001.
63. Wayne County, NC - Marriage Register 1867-1872 White Marriages: Complete Listing With Parents, Place or marriage, and Officiating Minister or Justice of the Peace, transcribed by N. M. Smith.
64. Information on the Royall family and Belle Holland was provided by David Kellum (email@example.com) by email in January 2002. He had additional information on the Royall family on his web site at http://www.geocities.com/olivershagnasty1/_index.html
65. Additional information on the vonLehe family and Victoria Herring vonLehe was provided by Vicky vonLehe Mundell, granddaughter of Hannah Ballenberger, by email in January 2002.
66. Some of the information on the Milford J. Holland family was provided by Darlene Marlowe Alford (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email in February 2002.
67. The information on the Paul T. Mull, Jr. family was provided by Paul T. Mull, Jr. (email@example.com) by email on 8 March 2002.
68. Johnston County, NC Marriages 1764-1867, Charlotte D. Meldrum.
69. North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster, 1993.
70. Ethan Fellows (firstname.lastname@example.org) provided information on Candace Holland and William W. Peacock and Joseph Brantley Peacock's line.
71. Information on Needham Gray Peacock was provided by Mary Ann Winters (email@example.com) in December 2001.
72. Some of the information on Lillian Farabee Holland and her descendents was furnished by her grandson Mark S. Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Concord, NC via email in April and May 2002.
73. Some of the information on the Jack Jones, Jr. family was furnished by Danny Jones by email in July 2002.
74. Information on the Willie Abner Hall family was furnished by Wes Moore (email@example.com) by email 2 June 2002.
75. Information on Elizabeth Holland and Bryant Nichols was furnished by Wes Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email 8 June 2002.
76. Information on the Leslie Glenn Holland family was provided by Melissa Ferguson Holland (Melqltr@aol.com) by email in June 2002.
77. Automated Archives, Inc. (GRS): Georgia Marriage Records 1700's-1850.
78. The information about Catherine ('Sid') Holland and her descendents was furnished by Nancy Holland Slagle (email@example.com) of Bradenton, FL, 14 August 2002.
79. Additional information and corrections on the Weaver Everett Holland family were provided by Stacey Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email in September 2002 and August 2006.
80. Information on the Ransome
George Holland family was provided by Barbara Holland Hagen (Hagenrb02@aol.com)
by email in September 2002.
81. The information on Margaret Tatey Holland and her descendents was provided by Nancy Holland Slagle (email@example.com) of Bradenton, FL, 19 September 2002.
82. The Pleasant Valley Cemetery transcription, also know as the Hackney cemetery and the Holland cemetery in Hackney, Kansas, was donated by Barbara Holland Hagen and her husband Richard E. Hagen of Fort Collins, Colorado, in September 2002.
83. Information on Clara Marie Holland's family was provided by Casey Nance by email (Casey.Nance@wyldfyre.com) in January 2003.
84. History of Hackney Community Baptist Church compiled by Doris J. Priest, R. 3, Box 82, Winfield, KS, 1985 and 1988. Furnished by Barbara Holland Hagen of Fort Collins, Colorado, in December 2002.
85. Information on Herman Lee Holland's family was provided by his son, Kevin Bryant Holland firstname.lastname@example.org of Concord, North Carolina by email in January 2003.
86. Ancestry.com, Index to 29,000 North Carolina marriage records available from between the years 1850 and 1868.
87. Information on the Julian Nathan Herring family was provided by Jennifer Herring Arrington (email@example.com) by email in February 2003.
88. Information on the Glen Peltier family was provided by Vivian Hargrove Peltier (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email in February 2003.
89. Jeanne Holland (email@example.com) provided information on her family by email in February 2003.
90. Douglas Martoccia provided information on his family by email in February 2003.
91. Barry Merrill, Publisher, gives permission to re-publish the article, "Cemetery Clearing Finds Common Roots for Families" by John Feely, Staff Writer, which appeared in the Freemont, North Carolina, News Leader Thursday, May 24, 2001.
92. The Holland Family, American Genealogical Research Institute, 1235 Kenilworth Ave., N. E., Washington, D. C. Heritage Press, Inc., Washington, D. C. 1975.
93. Information on the Samuel Elbert Holland family was provided by Lisa Denton (Gr8teachr2@aol.com) in July 2003 and February 2006.
94. Additional information on Addie Cornelia Holland's descendants was donated by J. Wayne Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Brunswick, Georgia, in July 2003.
95. Information on the Alson Gray Holland - Dollie Holland lines, including the West family, was contributed by Jack and Scott Strickland (email@example.com) of Ochlocknee, Georgia during a personal visit on 5 July 2003.
96. Social Security Death Index online at RootsWeb.com.
97. Shelley Rutkin of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, provided information on Enos and Bright Holland's families on Holland Family of the South postings 2002-2003.
98. Information on Eli R. Holland's family was provided by Harold Holland (Hollandsmokey@aol.com) of Houston, Texas, by email in October 2003.
99. Information on the Julius Boswell-Sally Scott family was provided by Elbert Ray Boswell in November 2003 and additional information to the family of Selby and Vivian Boswell in January 2012.
100. Information on the John Holland family, son of Elisha II, was provided by Tamera Gurley Tyner (firstname.lastname@example.org) in November 2003.
101. Information on the Martha Jane Earp line was provided by Brenda Broughton-Tillery (BTil101157@aol.com) by email in December 2003.
102. Information on the Hazel Kirby-Elvin Barnes family was provided by Sanford Barnes in January 2004.
103. Additional information on Kathryn Lea Wall's family was provided by Melissa Lynn Culbreth Hale in January 2004.
104. Information on Charney Adams, 2nd husband of Nancy Hales, was provided by Jean Adams in January 2004.
105. Information on William Exum Smith's family was provided by Jack Smith in February 2004.
106. Information on Rhoda West Holland's family was provided by Kathy Summerlin in February 2004.
107. Information on Murray Rondal Holland, Jr.'s family was provided by Linda Holland Britt in March 2004.
108. Information on the Larry Earl Holland family was provided by Marcia Holland in September 2002.
109. Information on the Sally Holland-William Dixon family was provided by Beth Speight (email@example.com) April 2004- December 2007.
110 Information on Henry Fields' family was provided by Tammy Fields Wright in April 2004.
111. Information on Rhoda Johnson's family was provided by Iris Hill Brown of Selma, North Carolina, and Beverly C. Williamson in April 2004.
112. Information on John Hudson Holland and Donald Michael Holland's families was provided by Daphine Holland of St. Simons Island, Georgia, in August 2004.
113. Some additions to the Rosa Maebell Chase-Edgar Howell family were obtained from Joshua Howell's web site at http://www.geocities.com/groslyunderpaid/. Thanks to Joshua for sending me the link on March 7, 2005.
114. Information on the Carl Craig Holland family was provided by Nichole Holland Anderson in March 2005.
115. Information on the family of Mary J. Fields and Benjamin Holland was provided by Donice West Dowdy of Thomas County, Georgia, in March-September 2005.
116. Additional information on Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock's family was provided by Gail Bass Faucette in July 2005.
117. Additional information on Kathryn Anne Holland's family was provided by Cloyd Sementelli in July 2005.
118. Corrected information on Jeffrey McSteve Horne's family was provided by Jeffrey Horne in July 2005.
119. The late Arthur L. Clark, Clark Family Ancestors genealogy formerly online at RootsWeb.com. I am indebted to Art for re-sending me the link on July 4, 2005, for his research on Enos Holland, and for mailing me additional information on Wiley Holland and Bright Holland in July 2006 and September 2007.
120. Sondra Melissa Holland added corrected information on her family in July 2005.
121. Carol Neidigh Embry added information on Carl Boswell's family in August 2005-May 2006.
122. Pamela Porter Arrieta added information on Cheryl Holland's family in August 2005.
123. John William Pearson added information on June Lee Matthis' family in August 2005.
124. 1900 Census of Colquitt County, Georgia, Hamilton District, page 194. Image file provided by Donice West Dowdy of Thomas County, Georgia, in August 2005.
125. Patrick Alan Holland provided his military information and additional information on the family of Patrick Herman Holland II in September 2005.
126. Corrected information on Elizabeth Ann Aycock Winstead's family was provided by Alan Winstead in September 2005.
127. Corrected information on Stanley Dixon's family was provided by Vanessa Davis Dixon in September 2005.
128. L. Patrick Holland provided information on the Patrick Holland Cemetery in Micro, NC, and on the Percell Holland family in 2005.
129. Corrections and additional information on the Edgar and Arthur Hopkins families was provided by James Holsomback in October and November 2005.
130. Additions to the Henry Cleveland Maddux and Arthur Lynn Maddux family lines were contributed by Karen Maddux Schlickeisen (firstname.lastname@example.org) in September - November 2005.
131. Additional information on his family was provided by Kirk Wayne Holland in February 2006.
132. Information onOllenHolland's family was provided by Mike Gilbert in March 2006 - October 2008.
133. Wayne County, North Carolina Cemeteries Book, Volume 1, The Old Dobbs Genealogical Society, 2005.
134. Additions to the William Herman Holland family were added by Dennis Holland in March 2006.
135. Additional information on Scott Everett Sims' family was provided by Julie Jacobs Sims in April 2006.
136. Additional information on Wava Glynn Holland's family was provided by Kelly Anne Moore(email@example.com) in May 2006.
137. Additions and corrections to the Bonnie Ruth Hopkins family were provided by Jack Holsomback III in May 2006.
138. Additional information on her family was provided by Holly Hales Marion in January 2006.
139. Additional information, corrections, and clarifications to Della Holland and David A. West's family were provided by J. Alan West(firstname.lastname@example.org) of Atlanta, Georgia, in May 2006.
140. Information on Julius Hawkins Holland's line and additional information on John Thomas Holland's family was provided by Leslie Holland <email@example.com> in June and July 2006.
141. Herbert D. Holland sent corrections and an addition to his family information in July 2006.
142. Curtis Darus, P. O. Box 191, Cairo, Georgia 39828 provided historic maps of Decatur and Thomas County, Georgia, in August 2006.
143. Barbara Hawkins Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org> of Wichita, Kansas, provided information on Martha Hawkins, the wife of Dr. Cullen G. Holland, in August 2006.
144. Additional information on Annella Allen and Annella Francis Ralston's family was provided by Lindel Evans Wheeler in August and September 2006.
145. Information on Zeno Langley's line was provided by Michael Holley, great-great-grandson of Nancy Holland in August 2006.
146. Updated information on Roy Macarthur Hopkins' family was provided by his son Gary R. Hopkins in November 2006.
147. State of Georgia Department of Archives and History.
148. Additional information on Janice Allen's family was provided by Debbie Harkness in January 2007.
149. Information on James Thomas Holland's family in Jesse Holland's branch was provided by his great-granddaughter Stephanie Holland of Hobbs, New Mexico in February 2007.
150. Additional information on the Curtis Edwards Morris family was provided by Pamela Morris Jervey in February 2007.
151. Information on Woodard H. Holland and Henry Shaw's family was provided by Cynthia Shaw Bunch in May 2007.
152. Information and obituary on the Wayne Steve Snipes family was contributed by William R. Snipes in March 2007.
153. Wiley Julian Holland <email@example.com> of Alexandria, Virginia, has been an invaluable resource to me and to countless other Holland researchers to whom he has generously given his time and help. His contributions include the list of Holland wills extracted from the collection contained in the North Carolina Archives, the list of Hollands transported to Maryland, and he is responsible for my getting the Revolutionary War image records of James Holland of Lenoir and Duplin Counties, North Carolina. His contributions have been unselfishly given, tirelessly researched, massive in scope, and invaluable, not just to this family to which he is not connected, but to all Hollands in America.
154. Jerome Tew provided Revolutionary War record images of James Holland of Duplin and Lenoir Counties, NC, in February 2007.
155. William Joseph Smith corrected his birthdate.
156. Pam Farrell Brandenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org) contributed the information on Gladys Vera Maddux's family in June 2007.
157. Tammara Daughtry Tyson provided updates to her family in June 2007.
158. Lou Wilda Holland's family information was contributed by Tammy Starling Wingate in July 2007.
159. Justin Faucette provided information on Kathy Dixon's family in November 2007.
160. Lara Justis provided the information on the Martha Smerda-Christopher Justis family.
161. Josh Sherrod provided information and corrections to the Dixon and Bass family lines in November 2007.
162. The obituary for B. L. Maddux was provided by Charles Rosenberg in November 2007.
163. Information on Alton C. Holland's family was provided by Amy Overman in December 2007-January 2008.
164. Additional information on Jack Jones, Jr.'s family was provided by Fairbee Jones Mintz in January 2008.
165. Information of Karen Lynn Holland's family was provided by Jessica Ludlum in January 2008.
166. Gary McCarty provided information and corrections to Annella Francis Ralston's family in January 2008.
167. Eddie Rumsey provided information on Benjamin and Richard J. Holland's family in January-March 2008.
168. Jane Holland Browning sent news of her family by letter in January 2008.
169. Margie Cole provided information, picture, and document on the Ruel Spell family.
170. Michael S. Gilbert provided family data forOllenHolland and images from Benjamin Holland's Bible in March 2008.
171. Benjamin Harris Holland provided additional information on his family in June 2008.
Handbook of Texas Online, "A Digital
Gateway to Texas History."
re: Fosterville http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/FF/hrf41.html (accessed July 31, 2008),
re: Frankston http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/FF/hjf7.html (accessed July 31, 2008).
173. Betty Jo Bowden-Nicholson provided information on Loveda A. C. Holland's family by email in June 2008.
174. Amy Beasley provided information on Thomas Holland's daughter Celie by email July 2008.
175. Additions to Robert West's family were provided by Sheri West Marcinowski by email in July 2008.
176. Corrections to Danny Thomas Slaughter's family were provided by Joanne Johnson Slaughter in July 2008.
177. Ruth Ann Feuquay Thomas of Fort Worth, Texas, sent many old photographs of the Holland family in June 2008.
178. Death certificate of Annie B. Holland Earp provided to this collection by Vickie Holland June 30, 2008.
179. Additional information on the family of Harold Holland, Jr. was provided by Jan Medlin in August 2008.
180. USGenWeb Archives, Houston County, Texas Cemeteries - Latexo Cemetery transcribed by Jack M. Glasscock <JMGandBJS@aol.com> http://ftp.rootsweb.ancestry.com/pub/usgenweb/tx/houston/cemeteries/latexo.txt
181. Goldsboro News-Argus Obituaries, Online version of the Goldsboro News-Argus published in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
182. The information on Ollen Holland and Pherby Bunn was researched and provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC January 2007- 2008.
183. The information on Lawrence Holland was researched and provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC in July - October 2008.
184. Kimberly Thomas Waters contributed to the information on Marvin Ray Howell's family in August 2008.
185. Micky Fields added information on Mary Susan Holland and Henry Fields' line in September 2008 and 2009.
186. Information on Steven Richard Holland's family was provided by Joan Holland Taylor in September 2008.
187. Information on William H. Maddux's family was provided by Taylar Maddux in October 2008.
188. Brandi Mills added additional information on her family in November 2008.
189. Christie Boggs sent corrections and additions to Alma Lee Hopkins' family in December 2008.
190. Jamie Jackson contributed information on Venice Verbenia Tomberlin's family in December 2008.
191. Information on the Ransom Hooks family was provided by Kay Early of Apex, North Carolina, in January 2009.
192. Ira Gavin Williford contributed information Dorothy Howell's family in December 2008.
193. Margaret Atkin contributed the obituary for Billie Bob Farr in January 2009, and additional information on the Farr family in June 2009.
194. Additional information on her family was provided by Linda Hales Duncan in June 2009.
195. Information on the family of Dana Shaw and Earl Elliott was provided by Samuel G. Elliott in January 2009.
196. Information on the family of Eddie M. Holland was provided by Brad Wells in January 2009.
197. Additions to the family of Addie Lloyd Holland and Anna Louise Williams was provided by Mary Layton in January - May 2009.
198. Additional information added to Judy Hulsey's family was contributed by Shannon Bergbower in February 2009.
199. Stacy Shotwell Serrano added additional information on her family in February 2009.
200. Tonya Price added information on Elizabeth "Bessie" Holland's family in March 2009.
201. Melissa O'Berry Johnson added information on her family in September 2003 and April 2010.
202. Byron Ashley August provided information on Nancy Marie Maddux's family in February 2009.
203. Tommy Mull of Swansboro, NC, contributed the obituary for Faye Ellis Keen in May 2009.
204. Robert Scott provided information on his family in May and October 2009.
205. Gravestone picture of Mary Deines Holland is from Find A Grave.com, contributed by Jennifer McBride in August 2009.
206. Obituary of Dale William Yates was contributed by Sherry Faidley Healy in September 2009.
207. Trevin Forrest Holland provided information on his family in October 2009.
208. Information on James Russell Kirby was provided by Margie Kirby Penven in December 2009.
209. Information on Timothy Darren Niven's family was provided by Brenda Niven in December 2009.
210. Lucille Creech Holland's obituary was provided by Alton Parnell in February 2010.
211. William Edward Holland provided information on William Herman Holland in February 2010.
212. The information on Willis Holland was researched and provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC in March 2010.
213. The information on Thomas Holland was researched and provided by Vickie Sams Holland in November 2009.
214. Richard Turner Holland, Jr. provided information, photos, and obituary for his family in January 2010.
215. Judy Sublette provided information on Rosa Mae Hopkins' family in March 2010.
216. Ervin Glenn Holland sent corrections to his family information in April 2010.
217. The information on Bryant Holland's family was researched and provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC in October 2008.
218. Crook Cemetery History, published by Crook Cemetery Committee in April 1, 2008.
219. Name correction in Absalom's branch provided by Lisa House in May 2010.
220. Information on A. B. Holland's family was provided by Iris Holland Thornton in June 2010.
221. The marriage records of Warren Holland were provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC in June 2010.
222. Information on Ancil Holland's family was provided by his grandson Tony Todd in August 2010, March 2011, and February 2012.
223. Information on Amanda Holland's family was provided by her 4th great-grandson Justin Collier of Newport News, VA in August-November 2010.
224. Information on Rufus Henry Holland, son of Simon J. Holland, was provided by Vickie Sams Holland of LaGrange, NC.
225. Information on the marriage of Mary Catherine Holland was provided by Kevin Troy Crumpler in October 2010.
226. Daphne Cheryl Moss Gargis Matzkvech provided updates on Lillian Atkinson's family in November 2010.
227. Merrie Thurman provided additional information on Ovelia Holland's family in November 2010.
228. Drew Gilpin Faust, This Republic of Suffering: Death and the American Civil War (New York: Knopf, 2008), pp.. 268-269.
229 Bobbie Moss Clark provided information on her family in Lillian Atkinson's section of Absalom's branch in January and February 2011.
230. Information on Jack Daniel Jones' family was provided by Melissa Stallings in February 2011.
231. Additions to Carrie Mae Holland's family were provided by Donna Prevatte in April 2011.
232. Additional information on Rhoda Myrtice 'Polly' Morris' family was provided by Casie Leister in May 2011.
233. Greg Iles, The Quiet Game. New York: Signet, 1999.
240. Randy Holland provided information on Woodard Haywood Holland's family in Jesse's branch in 2011.
241. Louwanna Cooke Pender provided information on her family in Absalom's branch in June 2011.
242. Brenda Peacock Crosby provided a correction to the Ira Peacock family information in August 2011.
243. Becky Holland-Sayers contributed the information on John Holland's 2nd marriage to Fannie Worley in September 2011.
244. Pamela Rose Melrose provided additional information on Ollen Holland's family in October 2011.
245. Additional information on Elizabeth Ann Jones Holland, John Henry Bruce, and Minnie Mae Bruce was provided by Rhonda Bruce in October 2011.
246. Information on Lois LaVerne Maddux Treadwell's family was provided by Cynthia Treadwell Lee in February 2012.
247. Update to Rhoda Myrtice Morris' family was provided by Frances Sacco Leister in March 2012.
248. Information and documents on Avey Ann Elizabeth Holland Maddox's family were provided by Sheila Fuller Hardy in February and July 2012.
249. Information on Linda Holland's family in Warren's branch was provided by Kathie Worley Wilkinson in July 2012.
250. Janet Collier Bridgers provided additional information on the Lillie Pike-Levi Collier family in April 2012.
251. Nelda Foster provided information on Debreaux Holland in June 2012.
252. Information on
Eula Holland's family was provided by
Kay Boykin in April 2012.
If I have neglected to include anybody, please let me know!
To Holland names beginning with
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
To Surnames beginning with
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Holland Family History and Family Tree:
Notes and Sources
Published 10 July 1996 - This page added 29 April 1998 - Last updated 10 March 2014
Contact Diana Holland Faust Corrections and additions not only welcome but encouraged.
This web site published 10 July 1996. All contents copyrighted © worldwide 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Diana Holland Faust. US Copyright registration no. TX 5-037-197. All rights reserved. Commercial use or any other use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If used with permission, this copyright notice must appear with the information. Publication to any medium, electronic or non-electronic, without consent and without this notice is in violation of the law.