13 September 1868 - 20 May 1924
Home Main Holland line Enos' branch Eli's branch Woodard's branch Jesse's branch Curtis' branch Absalom's branch Elisha's branch Warren's branch Exum's branch West's branch Green's branch Candace's branch List of names
This page is a sub-section of Green H. Holland and his wife Elizabeth Barnes' children. It shows the descendants of their eighth child, Sally Holland and her husband William Joseph Dixon.
Green Holland's children:
|Green H. Holland and Elizabeth Barnes' children (parents):||Sally Holland and William Joseph Dixon's children (this page):|
George W. Holland
2. Joseph Brown Holland
3. Kenneth Raynor Holland
4. Patience Holland
5. Celia Holland
6. Francis Marion Holland
7. Diana Holland
8. Sally Holland (this page)
9. Zilphia Holland
1. Zeno Dixon
2. Annie Dixon
3. George Dixon
4. Betty Dixon
5. Ellen Dixon
6. Octavia Dixon
7. Alice Dixon
8. infant Dixon
9. Herman Green Dixon
8. Sally Holland was born 13 September 1868. Holland family researcher Irma Regan Holland7 gives her name as Sarah, although most researchers refer to her as Sally. I have seen many, many instances in family histories of a baby being given a formal name at birth, only to be called by a less formal or nickname from then onwards. When the nickname was used to the extent that nobody knew the person by any other name, what name should we use in a family history? Marriage registers and grave markers will use the nickname because that has become the name the person is known by; indeed, the only name anyone knows. Births were not officially recorded in North Carolina at the time of Sarah Holland's birth; in fact, they were not officially mandated until 1913, although a few counties may have recorded them prior to that year. This same question of formal or official name vs. common or nickname arises over Sally's daughter Annie's name.
Sally married William Joseph Dixon on 13 October 1889. He was son of Joshua Dixon and Elizabeth Virginia Edgerton. His sister, Martha Jean Dixon, married Demetrius Edgerton, son of Elizabeth Holland and Exum Pike Edgerton. Sally died in 1924. Beth Speight109 says that Sally's tombstone lists her death as March 20, 1924. Irma Regan Holland gives the date of her death as May 20, 1924, citing a Photostat of the family Bible. Clarification on this date is needed. Pictures of Sally Holland and William Dixon and some of their children are in the Album section of this web site.
The descendants of William and Sally Holland Dixon continue to gather every year for a covered dish luncheon. The reunion takes place at Piney Grove Original Free Will Baptist Church located just outside of Kenly, North Carolina, on the first Sunday in June. William and Sally Dixon donated the land on which the church is built. William and Sally Dixon and many of their descendants are buried in the Dixon Family cemetery which is located on Piney Grove Church Road in Kenly, North Carolina.
information in this section is from a Dixon family Bible that was in the possession of
Dixon Bass in 1948, in Kenly, North Carolina, when she was interviewed by
Nellie Russell; from Irma Regan Holland's book, and from Beth Speight.
Children of Sally Holland and William Dixon:
1. Zeno Dixon was born 20 June 1890 and died in April 1961. He married Mary Slaughter.
Mary was born 9 April 1904 and died 19 July 1980.
Children of Zeno Dixon and Mary Slaughter:
1. Sally Kate Dixon was born in 1936 and died in 1936.
2. William Matthew Dixon was born 28 September
1938. He married, first, Edna Lamb. They divorced. He
married, second, Sue Shaw. Sue was born 1 February 1934 and died 14
Child of William Matthew Dixon and Edna Lamb:
1. Cindy Dixon was born 26 August 1957.
Children of Cindy Dixon:
Child of William Matthew Dixon and Sue Shaw:
1. William Cabot
Dixon was born 8 April 1962. He married Julia Williams. She
was born 27 March 1959.
Child of William Cabot Dixon and Julia Williams:
1. Walker Cabot Dixon was born 26 January 2000.
2. Annie or Anna
Dixon was born 8 August 1891. While most researchers and records give
her name as Annie, M. K. D. Holland6
refers to her as Anna. She married Ira Edgerton. Ira was born 15
December 1889, and died 1 June 1962. Annie died soon after the birth of her
child Lacy, in March 1919, and was buried in the
Elisha Holland cemetery in Wayne County, North Carolina. Her gravestone has the date of her death as 25 March 1919,
whereas the Dixon family Bible, referred to above, gives the date of her death as 20
March 1917. I am accepting the gravestone date as the correct date of death. Her gravestone also
shows her name to be "Annie." There is a picture
of her gravestone in the Album
section of this web site.
Child of Annie Dixon and Ira Edgerton:
1.Lacy Franklin Edgerton was born 20 March 1917 and died 14
October 1997. He married Lucille Mitchell. Lucille was born 20
July 1919 and died 25 October 1989.
Children of Lacy Edgerton and Lucille Mitchell:
1. Annie Jewel
was born 16 October 1941. She married Thomas Wayne Best. He was
born 1 May 1964.
Children of Annie Dixon and Thomas Best:
1. Karen Renee Best was born 24 January 1963. She married Craig Allen Kelly. Craig was born 1 May 1964.
2. Wayne Keith Best was born 29 June 1965. He married Debbie [last name unknown].
3. Mary Kelly Best was born 22 July 1970.
2. Mary Ruth Edgerton
was born 9 June 1943. She married Emmitt Jerry Best. He was born
29 May 1940.
Children of Mary Ruth Edgerton and Emmitt Jerry Best:
1. Christopher Lynn Best was born 3 January 1965. He
Child of Christopher Best and Lisa:
1. Brandy Best
2. Teresa Marie Best
was born 13 September 1967. She married Jeff Boykin.
Children of Teresa Marie Best and Jeff Boykin:
1. Elizabeth Boykin
2. Zachary Boykin
3. Gregory Emmitt Best was born 1 April 1976.
3. George Dixon was born 19 November 1892. He married Louise Pierce.
Louise was born 16 July 1899 and died 11 November 1985. George Dixon
died 10 September 1941.
Children of George Dixon and Louise Pierce:
1. William Joseph Dixon II was born 26 October 1925.
He married Mildred Frances Hill, born 18 March 1929. William J. Dixon died 13
Children of William Joseph Dixon and Mildred Hill:
1. Bradley Joseph Dixon was born 18 June 1982.
2. Gregory Joseph Dixon was born 24 March 1960.
3. Patricia Frances Dixon was born 22 November 1965. Patti married James Ramey 4 December 2004.
2. Josephine Dixon was
born 3 December 1927. She married Herman Price. Herman was born
2 May 1924 and died 22 October 1961. After his death, Josephine Dixon
married Maurice Hester. Maurice was born 12 August 1918, and died 30
Children of Josephine Dixon and Herman Price:
1. Herman Price, Jr. was born 19 December 1942.
2. Carolyn Price (twin)
was born 11 August 1954. She married Dennis Wooten, born 5 December
Children of Carolyn Price and Dennis Wooten:
1. Kristen Wooten was born 17 May 1980.
2. Matthew Wooten was born 20 December 1988.
3. Michael Price (twin)
was born 11 August 1954. He married Cindy Beckman, born 30 June 1953.
Children of Michael Price and Cindy Beckman:
1. Erica Beckman Price was born 20 July 1978.
2. Jennifer Beckman Price was born 11 November 1982.
3. Michael Price, Jr. was born 22 October 1985.
4. Jeremy Joseph Price was born 26 December 1991.
4. Dwight Price was born 27 March 1956.
3. Annie Ruth Dixon
was born 2 June 1929. She married Rufus Daniels. He was born 9
July 1931 and died 31 October 1977.
Children of Annie Ruth Dixon and Rufus Daniels:
1. George Ernest Daniels was born 18 August 1951.
He married Wanda Nelms Everett. Wanda was born 27 April 1952.
Children of George Daniels and Wanda Everett:
1. Erica Everett
Daniels was born 5 February 1977. She married Jimmy Howard.
Child of Erica Everett Daniels and Jimmy Howard:
1. Gabrielle Howard was born 14 May 2000.
2. Laura Nicole Daniels was born 27 April 1990.
3. Gavin Blake Daniels was born 5 October 1992.
1. Kimberly Ruth Holmes was born 8 January 1984.
2. Elizabeth Faye Holmes was born 24 October 1985.
3. Rebecca Ann Holmes was born 8 September 1988.
3. Sandra Lynn Daniels
was born 28 March 1958. She married Tony Walston, born 2 September
1949. Tony was previously married and had a son, Donovan Walston, born
4 July 1973.
Children of Sandra Daniels and Tony Walston:
1. Ashley Lynn Daniels was born 28 December 1986.
2. Amber Louise Daniels was born 17 July 1991.
4. George Dixon, Jr.
was born 30 December 1931. He married Dorothea Pope. She was
born 22 September 1928. George Dixon, Jr. died 6 June 1980.
Children of George Dixon, Jr. and Dorothea Pope:
1. Kathy Dixon was born 21 November 1955. She
married Mike Faucette. Mike was born 14 December 1952 and died 17
Child of Cathy Dixon and Mike Faucette:
1. Justin Faucette was born 28 February 1984. He married Sarah Elizabeth Petty 29 September 2007. They were married in the First Baptist Church of Garner, North Carolina.159 Congratulations and best wishes to them. Sarah Petty was born 21 September 1984; she is the daughter of Beverly Pittman and Hugh Petty.
2. Vicky Dixon was born 9
April 1957. She married Jimmy Pate who was born 24 august 1949.
Child of Vicky Dixon and Jimmy Pate:
1. Jessica Nicole Pate was born 20 May 1988.
3. Georgia Sue Dixon was born 23 July 1959.
5. Elizabeth Dixon was
born 12 October 1935. She married Bob Winders. He was born 18
October 1933 and died 10 February 1978.
Children of Elizabeth Dixon and Bob Winders:
1. Bobby Winders was born 13 July 1958 and died 29 December 1989.
2. David Winders was
born est. 1962. He married Dana Brown.
Children of David Winders and Dana Brown:
1. Haley Winders was born 12 April 1984.
2. Jessica Winders was born 7 September 1987.
3. Matthew Winders was born 28 November 1996.
4. Sarah Winders was born 9 April 1999.
3. Paul Winders was born 8 April 1973.
4. Bettie (per Nellie Russell1) or Betty (per M. K. D. Holland6) Dixon was born 7 November
1894. She married Stephen Austin Bass on 13 April 1913.
Stephen Bass was born 24 March 1894 and died 30 May 1970. Betty Dixon
died 10 February 1967.
Children of Betty Dixon and Stephen Bass:
1. Sally Beatrice Bass was born 27 January 1914.
She married Frank Winston Crumpler. Sally Bass died 14 November 1985.
Child of Sally Bass and Frank Crumpler:
1. Donald Ray Crumpler
was born 25 January 1940. He married Christine Mitchell who was born
20 September 1943.
Children of Donald Ray Crumpler and Christine Mitchell:
1. Debra Dee Crumpler was born 2 October 1962.
She married Robert Fitzgerald who was born 10 December 1963.
Children of Debra Crumpler and Robert Fitzgerald:
1. Tyler Wilson Fitzgerald was born 24 April 1992.
2. Wesley Robert Fitzgerald was born 22 May 1995.
2. Lisa Leigh Crumpler
was born 22 December 1967. She married Johnny Brown, born 20 July
Children of Lisa Leigh Crumpler and Johnny Brown:
1. Noah Jonathan Brown was born 10 February 1999.
2. Hannah Leigh Brown was born 17 October 2000.
2. Dorothy Mae Bass was born 2 April 1916. She
married, first, Freddy Hare. They divorced. She married, second,
James Frank Waddell. He was born 22 October 1912, and died 19 February
Child of Dorothy Bass and Fred Hare:
1. Betty Lou Hare was born 23 August 1937. She
married Charles Ray Pope. Charles Pope was born 25 June 1936 and died
27 July 1998.
Children of Betty Lou Hare and Charles Pope:
1. Vivian Elizabeth
Pope was born 24 April 1954. She married Jackie Keith Pope, who
was born 13 March 1948.
Child of Vivian Elizabeth Pope and Jackie Pope:
1. Catherine Elizabeth Pope was born 2 January 1981.
2. Frances Annette
Pope was born 2 September 1956. She married Kevin Patterson.
Kevin was born 20 July 1955.
Child of Frances Pope and Kevin Patterson:
1. William Charles Patterson was born 15 May 1988.
3. Myra Dawn Pope was
born 23 April 1965. She married Ricky Bridges.
Children of Myra Pope and Ricky Bridges:
1. Thaddeus Charles Bridges was born 21 December 1993.
2. Anna Grace Bridges was born 27 April 2001.
Child of Dorothy Bass and James Frank Waddell:
2. Jimmy Burton
Waddell was born 15 August 1942. He married Emily Lamm. She
was born 21 July 1944.
Children of Jimmy Waddell and Emily Lamm:
1. Stephen Burton Waddell (twin) was born 30 August
1971, in Wilson, North Carolina. He married Lorie Ann Faucette.
Lorrie was born 4 February 1971, in Newport News, Virginia, the daughter of Gail Marie Bass and Donnie
Faucette. Stephen Waddell and Lorie Faucette are second cousins; their
common ancestor is Stephen Austin Bass.13
Child of Stephen Burton Waddell:
1. Joshua Hayden Waddell was born 22 June 2003, in Wilson, North Carolina.
2. Stephen Garrett Waddell was born 4 October 2005, in Wilson, North Carolina.
2. Sanford James Waddell (twin) was born 30 August 1971. He married Cheryl Lea Mullens. Cheryl was born 28 January 1973.
3. Wilbert William Bass
was born 20 April 1919, and died 3 February 1989. He married, first, Helen
Pomphery. They divorced. He married, second, Jessie Elizabeth
Tyndall. Lib was born 20 February 1919, and died 25 June 1998.
Lib was previously married to a Culbreth and had two children by that
marriage: George Culbreth (born 10 October 1936) and Betty Culbreth
(born 20 August 1938). She also reared Steve and Gail Bass who were ages 6
and 4 when she married Wilbert.
Children of Wilbert Bass and Helen Pomphery:
1. Stephen Wallace Bass was born 19 December 1945.
He married Gail Brock, who was born 11 January 1948.
Children of Stephen Bass and Gail Brock:
1. Donna Bass was born 13
February 1968. She married Jamie Phillips. He was born 2 January
Children of Donna Bass and Jamie Phillips:
1. Jacob Ryan Phillips was born 18 July 1991.
2. Hunter Cale Phillips was born 29 January 1996.
2. Cale Bass was born 11 November 1969. He married Christine Myers, who was born 17 June 1974. They divorced.
3. Erica Bass was born 10
May 1980. She was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock. She married Sebastian Antonescu in January 2003.
Child of Erica Bass and Sebastian Antonescu:
1. Zoe Nicole was born 4 April 2005.
4. James Stephen Bass was born 20 January 1987. He was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock.
5. Angela Susan Bass (twin) was born 30 September 1990. She was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock.
6. Amanda Elizabeth Bass (twin) was born 30 September 1990. She was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock.
7. Todd Bass was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock.
8. Tommy Bass was adopted by Stephen Wallace Bass and Gail Brock.
2. Gail Marie Bass was
born 20 December 1947, in Maryland. She married Donnie Faucette. He was born
3 November 1945, in Wilson, North Carolina.
Child of Gail Bass and Donnie Faucette:
1. Lorie Ann Faucette was born 4 February 1971, in Newport News, Virginia. She married, first, Steve Thomas Barnes. He was born 18 October 1966; they divorced. Lorie Ann married, second, Stephen Burton Waddell, son of Jimmy Burton Waddell and Emily Lamm. Stephen was born in Wilson, North Carolina. They were married 9 October 1999, in Kenly, Johnston County, North Carolina. Lorie Ann Faucette and Stephen Burton Waddell were second cousins.13 Their line is followed where it occurs under the Waddell family.
4. Claude Dixon Bass was
born 27 June 1921. He married Eunice Frances Edwards; they lived in
Kenly, North Carolina. Eunice was
born 19 September 1919, in Battleboro, North Carolina, daughter of Charles
Otis Edwards and Sadie Griffin. She graduated from Atlantic Christian
College in 1940 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education. Eunice
and Claude were active members of the Piney Grove Original Free Will Baptist
Church. She died 20 October 2007, at age 88, and was buried in the
Dixon Family Cemetery. Claude Dixon Bass died a mere month after his wife,
on 25 November 2007, at Wilson Medical Center in Wilson, North Carolina.
He was 86. He was buried in the Dixon Family Cemetery next to his wife.
Obituaries for Eunice and Claude Bass are in the
Public Records section of this web
Children of Claude Bass and Eunice Edwards:
1. Frances Elizabeth Bass was born 9 June 1958, in Wilson County, North Carolina. She married, first, William Raper on 9 May 1982, at Piney Grove Free Will Baptist Church in Kenly, North Carolina. Billy was born 9 September 1960. They divorced in Wilson County, North Carolina in 1996. Beth married, second, Andrew David Speight, Jr., at the Wilson County Courthouse on 14 December 2001. Andy was born 17 August 1959, in Newport News, Virginia. He had two children from a previous marriage: Joshua Shawn Speight (born 31 May 1985) and Kandace Diane Speight (born 30 June 1986).
2. Janet Lynn Bass was
born 22 September 1959, in Wilson County, North Carolina. She married Ted Markham Sherrod
on 11 September 1982, at Piney Grove Free Will Baptist Church in Kenly. Ted was
born 12 August 1960.
Children of Janet Bass and Ted Sherrod:
1. Joshua Markham Sherrod was born 17 October 1985.
2. Allison Elizabeth Sherrod was born 9 June 1989.
5. Vivian Bass was born 26 October 1924, and died 16 October 1950 at age 25. She married Paul Hayes Etheridge. He was born 29 May 1917 and died 16 February 2001.
5. Ellen Dixon was born 6 September 1896. She married Lee Pope.
He was born 9 December 1894, and died 13 December 1978, at age 84. Ellen
died 12 February 1974, at age 77.
Children of Ellen Dixon and Lee Pope:
1. James Pope was born 25 November 1915. He
married Mavis Thorne. She was born 30 November 1917, and died 17
February 1988. James Pope died 18 February 2003.
Children of James Pope and Mavis Thorne:
1. Judith Ann Pope was born 27 July 1939, in Johnston County, North Carolina. She married James William Holland. He was born 20 November 1935, in Wayne County, North Carolina. They were 4th cousins with several connections back to Elisha Holland, Patience Watkins, and Patience Peacock. See their family where it occurs in Richard's section of Absalom's branch. See the Notes section of this web site for additional information about this relationship.1, 6, 14
2. Ray Pope was born 23 February 1945. He
married Myra Collier, born 19 July 1947. They divorced.
Child of Ray Pope and Myra Collier:
1. William David Pope was born 10 December 1969.
He married Tonya Sullivan.
Child of David Pope and Tonya Sullivan:
1. William David Pope, Jr. was born 2 August 1990.
2. George Ray Pope was born 22 December 1917. He married Mary Elizabeth Markham, who was born 19 September 1918. George Pope died 6 November 1998.
3. Annie Lee Pope was
born 9 July 1920. She married Charles Phillips. He was born 6
October 1917, and died 10 March 1991.
Children of Annie Lee Pope and Charles Phillips:
1. Peggy Ann Phillips was born 18 January 1942.
She married John Franklin Aycock. He was born 22 September 1937.
Children of Peggy Ann Phillips and John Aycock:
1. John Charles Aycock was born 1 March 1964.
He married, first, Cindy Pope, born in 1964. John married, second,
Lisa Carroll Brown, previously married to a Wells. Lisa was born 28
December 1960. She had a daughter, Melissa Brown, born 3 March 1978.
Children of John Aycock and Cindy Pope:
1. John Bruce Charles Aycock was born 22 December 1981.
2. Edward Blake Aycock was born 29 September 1984, and died 17 February 2001, at age 16.
Child of John Aycock and Lisa Brown:
1. Benjamin Scott Aycock was born 5 March 1991.
2. Elizabeth Ann
Aycock was born 16 October 1966. She married Alan Barrett Winstead.
He was born 26 January 1963.
Child of Elizabeth Ann Aycock and Alan Winstead:
1. David Alan Winstead was born 9 November 1989.126
3. Bobby Lee Aycock
was born 19 June 1967. He married Frances Conway. Frances was
born 23 July 1965.
Children of Bobby Lee Aycock and Frances Conway:
1. Timothy James Earl Aycock was born 11 February 1989.
2. Jonathan Michael Aycock was born 26 November 1990.
4. James William
Aycock was born 1 February 1971. He married Darla Joan Peeden.
Darla was born 5 May 1970.
Child of James Aycock and Darla Deeden:
1. Christopher Aaron Aycock was born 1 August 1993.
2. Edith Mae Phillips
was born 29 May 1944. She married James Freddy Howell. He was
born 19 April 1942.
Children of Edith Phillips and James Howell:
1. Gregory Allen Howell was born 3 August 1964.
He married Kelly Lane Pittman. They divorced.
3. Phyllis Marie Phillips
was born 7 March 1947. She married Allard Callie Bissette. He
was born 20 June 1946.
Children of Phyllis Phillips and Allard Bissette:
1. Allard Corey Bissette was born 13 July 1970. He married Janet
Child of Allard Corey Bissette and Janet Creech:
1. Megan Nicole Bissette was born 25 October 1998.
2. Charles Phillip Bissette was born 14 February 1978.
3. Matthew Thomas Bissette was born 26 July 1987.
4. Henry Eugene Phillips
was born 5 November 1949. He married Candace Bernice Brewer. She
was born 4 November 1949.
Child of Henry Phillips and Candace Brewer:
1. Alvin Patrick Phillips was born 17 February 1972.
5. Dora Ellen Phillips was born 28 November 1956. She married Joseph Mark Carter. He was born 8 January 1957.
4. Leland Pope was born 3
July 1922. He married Alice Ferrell. She was born 22 February
Child of Leland Pope and Alice Ferrell:
1. Roy Pope was born 24 August 1948, and died 1
December 2001. He married Jean Creech.
Children of Roy Pope and Jean Creech:
1. Tim Pope was born 18 May
1966. He married Angela Peedin. Angela was born 13 January 1969.
Children of Tim Pope and Angela Peedin:
1. Matthew Glenn Pope was born 21 May 1994.
2. Zackary Lee Pope was born 7 October 1997.
3. Viranda Faith Pope was born 23 May 2000.
2. Kimberly Pope was
born 15 December 1969. She married Linwood Scott. Linwood Scott
was born 29 June 1968.
Children of Kimberly Pope and Linwood Scott:
1. Jenna Allison Scott was born 11 October 1994.
2. Lindsey Rebecca Scott was born 25 January 1998.
6. William Dixon was born 1 April 1899. He
married Bertha Pope, who was born 2 July 1903. Willie Dixon died 18
August 1949, at age 50. Bertha Pope Dixon died 18 March 1980, at age
Child of Willie Dixon and Bertha Pope:
1. John Kenneth Dixon was born 18 September 1922.
He married Katie Lee Creech, who was born 20 September 1920. John
Dixon died 6 November 1985. Katie Creech Dixon died 27 December 1998.
Children of John Kenneth Dixon and Katie Lee Creech:
1. John Kenneth
Dixon Jr. was born 18 June 1944. He married Becky Parrish, who
was born 17 March 1945. They divorced.
Children of John Kenneth Dixon, Jr. and Becky Parrish:
1. John Kenneth Dixon III was born 12 December 1965.
2. Michael Dixon was born 12 October 1967. He
married Becky Thornton. Becky was born 13 July 1969. Michael
Dixon died 11 November 2003, at age 36.
Children of Michael Dixon and Becky Thornton:
1. Jonathan Lee Dixon was born 10 February 1988.
2. Andrew Michael Dixon was born 13 February 1991.
3. Marrisa Carole Dixon was born 15 November 1992.
2. Frances Eugenia Dixon was born 21 April 1948. She
married Charles Stewart Creech in November 1966. Stewart was born 3 May 1947.
The family moved from Kenly, North Carolina, to Greeneville, Greene County,
Tennessee, in 1982, as a result of a job transfer.
Child of Frances Dixon and Stewart Creech:
1. David Brian Creech was born 14 January 1969, in
Wilson Memorial Hospital, in Wilson, North Carolina.
He married April Shannon Gaby at the First Baptist Church in Greeneville,
Greene County, Tennessee, on 22 October 1994. April was born 17 April 1970.
Child of David Creech and April Gaby:
1. Katie MinLi was born June 2002 in China. She was named for her adopted great-grandmother, Katie Lee Creech, in combination with her Chinese name, Rong Minh-Li.
2. Jennifer Robin Creech was born 10 November 1976, in Wilson Memorial Hospital, in Wilson, North Carolina.
7. Octavia Dixon was born 26 April 1901. She married Herman Raper.
He was born 19 September 1895, and died 1 November 1963. Octavia Dixon
Raper died 21 September 1957.
Child of Ocative Dixon and Herman Raper:
1. Selby Dixon Raper was born 2 October 1930. He married Betty Faye Holland. Betty, daughter of Albert Marion Holland and Cassie Lee Sullivan, was born 10 January 1934. She is the granddaughter of Willis Marion Holland, and great-granddaughter of Uriah Holland, C. S. A. Their line is followed in Warren's branch.
8. Alice Dixon was born 28 April
1903. She married David Outland. He was born 19 November 1906, and
died 17 November 1953. Alice Dixon Outland died 21 September 1957. There is a picture of her in the
Album section of this
Child of Alice Dixon and David Outland:
1. Alice Christine Outland was born 13 October 1930.
She married Raymond Game. He was born 30 June 1922.
Children of Alice Outland and Raymond Game:
1. Alice Jennifer Game
was born 9 April 1960. She married Anthony Gudac. He was born 18
Children of Alice Jennifer Game and Anthony Gudac:
1. Alex Cameron Gudac was born 21 July 1985.
2. Stephan Anthony Gudac (twin) was born 10 November 1987.
3. Jenna Victoria Gudac (twin) was born 10 November 1987.
2. Brenda Ann Game was born 28 October 1963. She married Timmy Verlon Allen. He was born 27 May 1964.
9. Infant Dixon was born 23 December 1904; lived a short time.
10. Herman Green Dixon was born 29 November 1905. He married Mary Clyde Hill, who was born 8 September 1919. She was previously married to a Kennedy and had two children: Donald Kennedy (born 10 October 1938) and Randy Kennedy (born 1 February 1948). Herman Dixon died 2 January 1979. Mary Clyde Hill Dixon died 19 July 2003.
11. Lillian Dixon was born 20 April 1909,
and died 10 December 1985.
She married Sylvester Godfrey Bass. He was born 13 November 1919, and
died 27 April 1996.
Children of Lillian Dixon and Sylvester Bass:
1. Janyce Bass was born 1 December 1931. She married Harrold Hinnant. Harold Hinnant was born 17 December 1930. He was the second son of Senia Mae Scott, who was a daughter of Emma Holland and Robert Lee Scott. Emma Holland is granddaughter of Woodard D. Holland, son of Elisha Holland and Patience Watkins. Harold Hinnant and Janyce Bass are third cousins, once removed. Their relationship is explained more fully in the Notes section of this web site. Their line is followed where it occurs in Exum Haywood Holland's section, a sub-section of Woodard's branch.
2. Sally Laverne Bass
was born 11 August 1935. She married Dallas V. Purvis, Jr.. Dallas
Purvis was born 25 August 1933, in Martin County, son of Dallas and Ida
Purvis. He died in an automobile accident in Kenly, North Carolina, 22
August 2007, and was buried 24 August 2007, in the Dixon family Cemetery.
His obituary is in the Public
Records section of this web site.
Children of Sally Bass and Dallas Purvis:
1. Sandra Purvis was born 23 March 1959. She
married Douglas Phillips. He was born 24 May 1958.
Children of Sandra Purvis and Douglas Phillips:
1. Sterling Phillips was born 19 July 1987.
2. Ryan Phillips was born 20 December 1990.
2. Sally Jo Purvis was
born 31 October 1964. She married Danny Boyette, who was born 8
December 1964. They divorced.
Child of Sally Jo Purvis and Danny Boyette:
1. Daniel Ethan Boyette was born 26 March 1992.
3. Susan Purvis was born 29 January 1965. She married Louis Peele.
3. Faye Bass was born 26
December 1942. She married, first, Jesse Franklin Woodard. They
divorced. Faye Bass married, second, Evans Hall. He was born 3 October
1934, and died 12 June 1992.
Children of Faye Bass and Jesse Franklin Woodard:
1. Jesse Franklin Woodard, Jr. was born 16 September
1966. He married Katherine Wanda Renfrow, born 31 August 1968..
Child of Jesse Franklin Woodard, Jr. and Katherine Renfrow:
1. Taylor Susanne Woodard was born 21 January 2000.
2. Lydia Woodard was
born 17 October 1975. She married Brian Strickland, born 23 March
Child of Lydia Woodard and Brian Strickland:
1. Sydney Strickland was born in 2005.
9. Zilphia Holland was born 14 January 1871, probably in Wayne County, North Carolina. She did not marry and lived on in her father's house after his death, along with her sisters Celia and Diana, and her brother Kenneth Raynor (called Crick). After Celia Holland died in 1913, Diana and Zilphia continued living together in the home until they died. These sisters raised Zeno Dixon, the son of their sister Sally Holland Dixon.
Zilphia died 25 November 1930 and was buried in the Elisha Holland Cemetery. There is a picture of her in the Album section of this web site and a picture of her grave also in the Album Cemetery section.
The information on Sally Holland and William Dixon's family was contributed by Beth Speight.109
This is the end of Sally Holland's line. Use this table of links to go to her parents and siblings.
|Elisha Holland's children with wife Patience Watkins:||Elisha Holland's children with wife Patience Peacock:||Green Holland's children (this page):|
2. Eli Holland
3. Woodard D. Holland
4. Betsy-Jesse Holland
5. Bryant Holland
6. Curtis Holland
7. Absalom Holland
8. Elisha Holland
10. Ave (Nancy) Holland
11. Exum Holland
12. Jinnett Holland
13. Ginsey Holland
14. West Holland
15. Green Holland (this page)
16. Candace Holland
17. Needham Holland
|1. George W. Holland
2. Joseph Brown Holland
3. Kenneth Raynor Holland
4. Patience Holland
5. Celia Holland
6. Francis Marion Holland
7. Diana Holland
8. Sally Holland
9. Zilphia Holland
To Holland names beginning with
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
To Surnames beginning with
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
About this HistoryMy father's people came from Wayne County, North Carolina. Although I live in Alabama now, I inherited his love of our heritage. So it is with love for him and admiration for his strong desire to preserve our history that I dedicate my part in compiling and maintaining this Holland Family History and Tree to my father,
Louis Lea Holland
17 February 1917 - 8 January 1976
There are errors in this work; some dates could not logically work. If you see a mistake or can add to the information here, please contact me. The information is from family historians Nellie Holland Russell and Mary Ketus Deen Holland, information of which I have personal knowledge or have gathered from family members, and contributions sent to me through this web site. Though imperfect, it is a good start. Enjoy and please let me know if you have questions or corrections. This work will be updated on a regular basis so check the revision date below to see when additions or changes were last made.
Contact Diana Holland Faust Corrections and additions not only welcome but encouraged. This web site published 10
July 1996. All contents copyrighted ©
worldwide 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Diana Holland Faust. US
Copyright registration no. TX 5-037-197. All rights reserved.
Commercial use or any other use of this information is strictly prohibited
without prior permission. If used with permission, this copyright
notice must appear with the information. Publication to any medium,
electronic or non-electronic, without consent and without this notice is in violation
of the law.
Contact Diana Holland Faust Corrections and additions not only welcome but encouraged.
This web site published 10 July 1996. All contents copyrighted © worldwide 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Diana Holland Faust. US Copyright registration no. TX 5-037-197. All rights reserved. Commercial use or any other use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If used with permission, this copyright notice must appear with the information. Publication to any medium, electronic or non-electronic, without consent and without this notice is in violation of the law.